the BL news-US Defense Secretary says no unilateral withdrawal from Afghanistan
US Defense Secretary says no unilateral withdrawal from Afghanistan
The United States will not reduce its troop presence in Afghanistan on its own, the top Pentagon official said Thursday in pledging that any moves will be fully coordinated with American allies.
The acting US Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan is in the Brussels for a three-day NATO defense ministers meeting.
Shanahan has previously said that he is encouraged that President Donald Trump's administration is exploring all possibilities for ending a 17-year war, the longest in American history.
But he stressed that peace terms are for the Afghans to decide.
Shanahan stressed that even though ISIS has been defeated, they have not yet been eliminated.
Until now, the Taliban has refused to talk directly to Afghan President Ashraf Ghani's government.
That and more can be found on our website, for the BL News, I’m Rich Crankshaw, we’ll see ya next time.
Find us at https://thebl.com/
Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheBLcom
Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheBLTV
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/jHqzVd
Subscribe to our Twitter page: https://goo.gl/Stnu74